Skip to main content

Project use it up Oct 2012

More products finished for the month of October 2012!

1. Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel, 2. Shiseido The Skincare Night Moisture Recharge Light, 3. Sephora douche wash in Coco lait, 4. Estee Lauder Hydrationist, 5. The Face Shop Herb Day Lip & Eye Make-up Remover, 6. Baby Sebamed Children's Shampoo

First up in the list of products is Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. Forgive me for being unable to show the close up of the emptied bottle. Must have slipped my mind to take a shot of it while I was taking photos of all the empties. Anyway, it is a staple for my morning skincare ritual since high school days.

The oil-free moisture "drink" developed by Clinique's dermatologists is meant for combination oily to oily skin, maintaining optimal moisture balance for skins comfortable in the cheeks but oily in the T-zone or oily all over. Although I have dry combination skin, I find this Gel version good enough for the humid Singapore climate. With this moisturizer, my face is kept soft, smooth and matte throughout the day.
Shiseido The Skincare Night Moisture Recharge Light
Next up we have The Skincare Night Moisture Recharge Light from Shiseido. As I moved into the late 20s, my face starts to become drier, and I find using the Clinique's Gel Moisturizer alone no longer hydrating enough. So about a year ago, I added this night lotion into my skincare routine. The Skincare Night Moisture Recharge Light is a multi-action nighttime revitalizer that counteracts signs of daytime damage and delivers intensive hydrating benefits to skin while you sleep. It helps to restore softness, smoothness, and a healthy-looking glow. Definitely a keeper as I am on to my second bottle.

Sephora Douche Wash in Coco Lait
Ingredients of Coco Lait
This is a welcome gift from Sephora when I first joined the Sephora member. As I have the utmost dislike for the coconut smell, I gave this shower gel away to my mum who happily used it up. According to her, the coconut smell doesn't smell as strong after washing, and only lingers slightly on the skin. Quite a bit of the product is needed for proper lathering as it is quite watery.

Estee Lauder Hydrationist
Next up we have a sample from Estee Lauder, the Hydrationist. After a recent bout of allergies attack, the skin around my nose area tends to sting when I put on my usual holy grail Clinique Moisturizing Gel. This set me off on a hunt for a milder moisturizer, and I got a two sample pieces of Hydrationist to try out from Estee Lauder.

This small sample can actually provide enough product for up to 4 days of usage. It has a very nice light fragrance, smooths on very well and gives a velvety finish. But unlike my Clinique Moisturizing Gel, it did not managed to keep my oilies at bay, and after 1 week of usage, I started to get small white bumps around my cheeks! Not to mention, the product also stings slightly around my nose area as I applied it. Argh... No hope with Estee Lauder :(

The Face Shop Herb Day Lip & Eye Make-up Remover
Here we have the Herb Day Lip & Eye Make-up Remover from The Face Shop. A small packet of this contains 30 sheets, and is very handy for light makeup removal. Noticed I mention light makeup removal as it does not removal waterproof makeup very well. I was quite shocked when I ran though my face with Bifesta water makeup remover after using these sheets thinking that my face was thoroughly cleansed, only to find more remnants of foundation on the cotton pad. Definitely won't repurchase.

Baby Sebamed Children's Shampoo
Last of the empties, I have the Baby Sebamed Children's Shampoo on the list. After a recently bout of skin allergies which rendered my scalp very sensitive, delicate and sore, no adult shampoo seems to be mild enough for me. Usual shampoos that I have used made my scalp itch like hell and exacerbates hair loss. A pattern that I noticed - my hair loss increased with the usage of shampoos which contains dimethicone (yes, it includes you Johnsons & Johnsons Baby Shampoo).

Luckily Sebamed Children's Shampoo does not contain any dimethicone, and I was able to keep the scalp itchiness and hair loss in check. One bad thing about not having any dimethicone in your shampoo though, your hair will become rough and easy to tangle. So extra care has to be taken when combing my hair.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Etude House Outlet at Clementi Mall

Etude House at Clementi Mall Calling out to all Etude House fans! Etude House has just opened a new outlet at the Clementi mall. Currently to celebrate the shop's opening, there is a storewide 30% discount. Yes, you read me correctly. It's STOREWIDE! With such fabulous discount, of course I had to get something :) So here's my mini loot: Mini haul First up we have the cotton wool (Org price. S$6.90) which I bought just to top the total bill up to $40 in order to get two free face mask. Cotton Wool Next we have a cherry lip gel patch (Org Price. S$4.90). It's a lip-shaped mask for the lips. So cute isn't it? I just had to try it out. Cherry Lip Gel Patch Lip-shaped Up next is a wash off yogurt mask pack called I Need You, Yogurt (Org Price. S$6.90). It has 4 flavours in a set, Strawberry, Kiwi, Apple and Peach, meant for 4 times usage. From past experience of the similar mask pack in Honey, each pack contains enough product for two uses.

Sleek i-Divine Palettes

After learning of this brand called Sleek  some years ago, I have been trying to get my hands on their wonderful well pigmented, vivid colored and cheap eye palettes. Thanks to Luxola , I am able to enjoy products from Sleek without having to go through all the hassle of shipping it from UK. I first started out my collection with the Au Naturel palette, after which I went on to buy the Oh So Special from some blog sale. Just within a year, my Sleek eye palette collection grew and so I would like to share some swatches and thoughts of the palettes. My Collection: From left to right: 1.Snapshots, 2.PPQ Shangri-la Collection Respect, 3.Storm, 4.Au Naturel, 5.Oh So Special Top row: 1.Storm, PPQ Shangri-la Collection Respect, 3.Oh So Special Bottom row: 1.Snapshots, 2.Au Naturel Oh So Special i-Divine Palette Sleek Oh So Special i-Divine Palette 1. Bow, 2.Organsa, 3.Ribbon, 4.Gift Basket, 5.Glitz, 6.Celebrate, 7.Pamper, 8.Gateau, 9.The Mail, 10.Boxed, 11.Wrapped Up, 12.

The Body Shop Camomile Makeup Remover

The Body Shop has just launched a new series of makeup removers, comprising of two eye makeup remover, oil, butter and muslin cloth. All the products are made with Community Fair Trade Camomile Oil. Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter, Muslin Cloth, Waterproof Eye and Lip Make-up Remover Out of the five new products, I bought three to try, namely the Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter, Muslin Cloth and Waterproof Eye & Lip Make-up Remover. Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter The Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter comes in a metal tin which screws on/off. In the tin, it looks like a hard block of white butter. Germ phobes will definitely complain that this is the most unhygienic way of storage, and to overcome this problem, just use a spatula to scoop the butter up for use. My thoughts on the cleansing butter: I really love this cleansing butter! It smells super nice with a flowery scent, does not contain any mineral oil (ahem... I'm looking at you Faceshop &