Skip to main content

Kanebo Seasonal Markdown Sale 2012

It's the Kanebo seasonal markdown sales!!! Items from KATE, Impress, LUNASOL, Freshel and Blanchir superior are put on sale, up to a 70% off!

Lunasol: Gel Eyeliner, Eyeshadow palette, lipstick, KATE: Eyeshadow trio palette, Mascara base, Freshel: Free miniature BB cream
So here's my loot from the Kanebo seasonal markdown sales. I bought 5 items, and was gifted a free miniature tube of BB cream from Freshel.

KATE Mascara Base
First up is the KATE mascara base. Meant to be applied before your mascara, it is packed full of fibers and helps to increase your eyelash volume and length. I have tried it, and it really increases the eyelash volume, but it does the job too well, and excess "eyelash" tickles and makes my eye itchy.

KATE reflect mirror eyes in PK-1


Swatches
I got the Reflect Mirror Eye Palette in PK-1 from KATE. This trio of shades include a strong neon pink, a warm dusty eggplant with dark grey undertones for the eye crease, and a soft pale pink as a highlighter. All three shades are packed with shimmer and slightly coarse glitters which can cause fallout to happen, so do use it with an eye primer.

Lunasol Three-Dimensional Eyes in 02 Soft Beige and Full Glamour Lips
Up next are products from Lunasol. I can't believe my eyes when I saw the Three-Dimensional Eyes palette which are pretty new on sale! Each palette only cost SGD$35 whereas during normal days, the palette would have cost $80+. Since I was on a tight budget, I only picked up one palette, in 02 Soft Beige which comprised of colors that I would most likely use frequently.


Three-Dimensional Eyes in 02 Soft Beige
In the top left quadrant, it comprises of 3 different highlighting colors - White with glitter, shimmer and in matte. In the top right quadrant is a shimmery champange like follow-up color. In the lower left quadrant, is a shimmery soft pink medium color, and in the lower right quadrant, there are 3 different shade colors - dark matte brown, medium brown with shimmer and a lighter brown with gold shimmers. The palette colors work very well together to give a three-dimensional shading of the eyelids and looks super pretty and sophisticated in the bronze metallic casing. Sorry for the lack of swatches as I couldn't bear to break into it as of yet.

Full Glamour Lips
Next is a pink lip stick from Lunasol. I just love the rosy pink color, infused with shimmers. Look closely, see the lovely swirls of shimmer?

Lunasol Gel Eyeliner in 05 Brown Red
I also got Gel Eyeliner in 05 Brown Red from Lunasol. It comes in small matte glass pot, with a brush included. The brush included is retractable, stiff yet not scratchy. It allows me to control the thickness of desired line between the eyelashes drawn or a very thin line on the edge of the eye line. The gel-type eyeliner has very rich coloration, so I do not have to go back and forth multiple times in order to achieve a dark line. The color in brown red differs from the usual black, defining my eyes without making my eye makeup too harsh. It clings to the skin with a smooth texture and manage to maintain its finish for hours without smudging, which is superb for my ultra oily eyelids, and that made me regret not picking up a few more shades.

Gel Eyeliner pot and accompanying eyeliner brush

Freshel MoistLift BB Cream
Last in the loot is the free tube of MoistLift BB Cream from Freshel. The BB Cream is very thick and moist, but I have not noticed any lifting from using it. As I prefer lighter coverage, the BB Cream is definitely not for me. I definitely look forward to the next Kanebo sale and hopefully I will be able to grab some Lunasol blush palettes then!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Etude House Outlet at Clementi Mall

Etude House at Clementi Mall Calling out to all Etude House fans! Etude House has just opened a new outlet at the Clementi mall. Currently to celebrate the shop's opening, there is a storewide 30% discount. Yes, you read me correctly. It's STOREWIDE! With such fabulous discount, of course I had to get something :) So here's my mini loot: Mini haul First up we have the cotton wool (Org price. S$6.90) which I bought just to top the total bill up to $40 in order to get two free face mask. Cotton Wool Next we have a cherry lip gel patch (Org Price. S$4.90). It's a lip-shaped mask for the lips. So cute isn't it? I just had to try it out. Cherry Lip Gel Patch Lip-shaped Up next is a wash off yogurt mask pack called I Need You, Yogurt (Org Price. S$6.90). It has 4 flavours in a set, Strawberry, Kiwi, Apple and Peach, meant for 4 times usage. From past experience of the similar mask pack in Honey, each pack contains enough product for two uses.

Sleek i-Divine Palettes

After learning of this brand called Sleek  some years ago, I have been trying to get my hands on their wonderful well pigmented, vivid colored and cheap eye palettes. Thanks to Luxola , I am able to enjoy products from Sleek without having to go through all the hassle of shipping it from UK. I first started out my collection with the Au Naturel palette, after which I went on to buy the Oh So Special from some blog sale. Just within a year, my Sleek eye palette collection grew and so I would like to share some swatches and thoughts of the palettes. My Collection: From left to right: 1.Snapshots, 2.PPQ Shangri-la Collection Respect, 3.Storm, 4.Au Naturel, 5.Oh So Special Top row: 1.Storm, PPQ Shangri-la Collection Respect, 3.Oh So Special Bottom row: 1.Snapshots, 2.Au Naturel Oh So Special i-Divine Palette Sleek Oh So Special i-Divine Palette 1. Bow, 2.Organsa, 3.Ribbon, 4.Gift Basket, 5.Glitz, 6.Celebrate, 7.Pamper, 8.Gateau, 9.The Mail, 10.Boxed, 11.Wrapped Up, 12.

The Body Shop Camomile Makeup Remover

The Body Shop has just launched a new series of makeup removers, comprising of two eye makeup remover, oil, butter and muslin cloth. All the products are made with Community Fair Trade Camomile Oil. Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter, Muslin Cloth, Waterproof Eye and Lip Make-up Remover Out of the five new products, I bought three to try, namely the Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter, Muslin Cloth and Waterproof Eye & Lip Make-up Remover. Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter The Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter comes in a metal tin which screws on/off. In the tin, it looks like a hard block of white butter. Germ phobes will definitely complain that this is the most unhygienic way of storage, and to overcome this problem, just use a spatula to scoop the butter up for use. My thoughts on the cleansing butter: I really love this cleansing butter! It smells super nice with a flowery scent, does not contain any mineral oil (ahem... I'm looking at you Faceshop &