Skip to main content

New Aqualabel Collagen GL Cream

Aqualabel has recently launched a new product - Collagen GL Cream, at our local Watsons stores.



What it does:

Using Aqualabel’s exclusive Aqua Synergy technology, Collagen GL Cream is said to penetrate deeper into the skin layers and deliver moisture as well as effective ingredients into the skin while softening. Touted as a 5 in 1 gel cream, the Collagen GL Cream is supposed to be able to replace your lotion-emulsion-cream-essence-mask in one step! Which means in one bottle, you get all the following functions:
Lotion-Softens the skin and prepares it for subsequent skincare
Emulsion-Balance the skin’s natural oil
Essence-Concentrated treatment of double hyaluronic acid and collagen to target dehydration and aging problems
Cream-Hydrating ingredients to retain moisture for long hours
Mask-Works as a sleeping mask to lock in the goodness of Collagen GL and Hyaluronic Acid when skin feels extremely dry.

Sounds too good to be true isn't it? Imagine the amount of time you can save... So how does it lives up to it's claim?

Packaging:





The gel cream comes in a red tub with a convenient flip top. Although it's quite easy to open, i prefer a pump to avoid having to dig my fingers in.

The Review:


The gel cream is a sort of clear translucent jelly in the tub and has the consistency of a gel more than a cream. Once dug out, the gel in the pot will flow back to form a smooth surface again.

Collagen GL Cream is very lightweight and appears to absorb very fast by my skin, but tends to leave a slightly sticky film. Although it gives some bit of hydration, it is still not enough for my sensitive dry skin, causing my skin to oil up within 1 hour of use. It does not irritates my skin in any way, which I deemed it to be a good thing (I have easily irritated skin which can burn and sting if the product is unsuitable).

With the lack in hydration, I guess it can't be the one step product for me. Instead, I am using the gel cream as an emergency mask before makeup to improve my skin hydration. I will put on a thick layer of the product all over my face, wait for it to absorb over 3- 5 mins, then wipe off the remaining with a cotton pad soaked with toner. It helps to make my makeup go on more easily.

The Price: 

Selling at $33.50 at Watsons, it's more of an emergency moisture supply to me rather than an effective one-step all over product. Definitely won't repurchase after this runs out.

Have you tried it yet? What do you think?

Disclaimer: I bought this product on my own, and it's not a sponsored review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Etude House Outlet at Clementi Mall

Etude House at Clementi Mall Calling out to all Etude House fans! Etude House has just opened a new outlet at the Clementi mall. Currently to celebrate the shop's opening, there is a storewide 30% discount. Yes, you read me correctly. It's STOREWIDE! With such fabulous discount, of course I had to get something :) So here's my mini loot: Mini haul First up we have the cotton wool (Org price. S$6.90) which I bought just to top the total bill up to $40 in order to get two free face mask. Cotton Wool Next we have a cherry lip gel patch (Org Price. S$4.90). It's a lip-shaped mask for the lips. So cute isn't it? I just had to try it out. Cherry Lip Gel Patch Lip-shaped Up next is a wash off yogurt mask pack called I Need You, Yogurt (Org Price. S$6.90). It has 4 flavours in a set, Strawberry, Kiwi, Apple and Peach, meant for 4 times usage. From past experience of the similar mask pack in Honey, each pack contains enough product for two uses.

Sleek i-Divine Palettes

After learning of this brand called Sleek  some years ago, I have been trying to get my hands on their wonderful well pigmented, vivid colored and cheap eye palettes. Thanks to Luxola , I am able to enjoy products from Sleek without having to go through all the hassle of shipping it from UK. I first started out my collection with the Au Naturel palette, after which I went on to buy the Oh So Special from some blog sale. Just within a year, my Sleek eye palette collection grew and so I would like to share some swatches and thoughts of the palettes. My Collection: From left to right: 1.Snapshots, 2.PPQ Shangri-la Collection Respect, 3.Storm, 4.Au Naturel, 5.Oh So Special Top row: 1.Storm, PPQ Shangri-la Collection Respect, 3.Oh So Special Bottom row: 1.Snapshots, 2.Au Naturel Oh So Special i-Divine Palette Sleek Oh So Special i-Divine Palette 1. Bow, 2.Organsa, 3.Ribbon, 4.Gift Basket, 5.Glitz, 6.Celebrate, 7.Pamper, 8.Gateau, 9.The Mail, 10.Boxed, 11.Wrapped Up, 12.

The Body Shop Camomile Makeup Remover

The Body Shop has just launched a new series of makeup removers, comprising of two eye makeup remover, oil, butter and muslin cloth. All the products are made with Community Fair Trade Camomile Oil. Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter, Muslin Cloth, Waterproof Eye and Lip Make-up Remover Out of the five new products, I bought three to try, namely the Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter, Muslin Cloth and Waterproof Eye & Lip Make-up Remover. Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter The Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter comes in a metal tin which screws on/off. In the tin, it looks like a hard block of white butter. Germ phobes will definitely complain that this is the most unhygienic way of storage, and to overcome this problem, just use a spatula to scoop the butter up for use. My thoughts on the cleansing butter: I really love this cleansing butter! It smells super nice with a flowery scent, does not contain any mineral oil (ahem... I'm looking at you Faceshop &