Skip to main content

20min ORIGINS Age-Erase Mini Facial

Thanks to Vanity Trove, I got to try out a Mini Facial at the ORIGINS.
Image from Vanity Trove
At first I had this dubious feeling about this free mini facial, thinking that it will be a very short session where they let u test out the products they are currently promoting and send you on your way. Until I got to the store, I realised its a serious "facial" session!

After giving me a seat, the friendly store assistant Laura Lu went on to asked me questions on my main skin care concerns. Finally, based on my current skin conditions, she whipped up this whopping list of items to be used for the facial.

From left to right:
1. Plantscription Anti-aging Cleanser
2. Modern Friction (Exfoliator)
3. United State Balancing Tonic
4. Plantscription Anti-aging serum
5. Make A Difference Rejuvenating Treatment
6. Plantscription Anti-aging eye treatment

Throughout the whole session, the sales assistant took patience to explain the special ingredients in each product which helps to improve your skin. The Plantscriptioin Anti-aging Cleanser felt very mild, and there was no tight feeling on the face after usage. Face was left smooth and velvety. 

After cleansing my face, the SA went on to put the Modern Friction, to give my face a gentle exfoliation. Made from rice, the exfoliator has granules which are large enough to give a proper exfoliation without making the skin feel any pain. After the exfoliator was washed off, my skin was nice and smooth! (* Considering to get this after my exfoliator runs out ;))

Next up was the United State Balancing Tonic, it smells of alcohol when applied, but no stinging of skin was felt. Its meant to balance out combination skin, so people with sensitive skin should stir clear of it.

After the toner was absorbed, the SA went on to apply the plantscription anti-aging eye treatment. It has a texture lighter than a cream, but slightly thicker than a gel. It went on very comfortably without feeling too oily, and the SA did a light eye massage, pressing on some acupuncture points, relaxing my eyes. One reminder from the SA, eye cream has to be applied before any face serums/moisturizer to ensure efficacy.

The Plantscription Anti-aging serum was then applied. It has a light texture, and according to the SA, the ingredient Anogeissus will help to reduce wrinkle length and depth, and with prolong usage, the skin will become firmer, smoother and more lifted.

After the serum has been fully absorbed, the SA top off and locked in moisture with a gel moisturizer, Make A Difference Rejuvenating Treatment. The moisturizer smells heavenly, citrusy and refreshing!

Despite being a mini-facial, the SA definitely spent more than 30 mins on my face. Although the mini-facial has come to an end, the SA went on to provide me with some samples which I can try out before purchase in future. Kudos to her wonderful service!

Here's some pictures on the samples I received after the session:
 
Some brochures with my samples nicely wrapped up
2 x Eye treatment, 2 x Out of trouble mask (for my huge zits that were growing :(, 1 x Cleanser, 1 x Moisturizer
Once again, thanks so much Origins! I definitely look forward to trying out products when my current skincare products run out :) Another piece of news from my SA, Origins seems to be having some roadshow at Vivocity from 30 Aug to 2nd Sep. Readers who are eager to try out their products can head down for a trial.

Hope you will like it as much as I do!

Comments

  1. Good article sharing, ORIGINS Age-erasing eye cream identified the active constituent in Mimosa and proved it as a very potent stimulator or natural collagen synthesis that helps decrease the appearance of facial wrinkles. For detail review visit:
    http://kidbuxblog.com/origins-age-erasing-eye-cream-with-mimosa/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Etude House Outlet at Clementi Mall

Etude House at Clementi Mall Calling out to all Etude House fans! Etude House has just opened a new outlet at the Clementi mall. Currently to celebrate the shop's opening, there is a storewide 30% discount. Yes, you read me correctly. It's STOREWIDE! With such fabulous discount, of course I had to get something :) So here's my mini loot: Mini haul First up we have the cotton wool (Org price. S$6.90) which I bought just to top the total bill up to $40 in order to get two free face mask. Cotton Wool Next we have a cherry lip gel patch (Org Price. S$4.90). It's a lip-shaped mask for the lips. So cute isn't it? I just had to try it out. Cherry Lip Gel Patch Lip-shaped Up next is a wash off yogurt mask pack called I Need You, Yogurt (Org Price. S$6.90). It has 4 flavours in a set, Strawberry, Kiwi, Apple and Peach, meant for 4 times usage. From past experience of the similar mask pack in Honey, each pack contains enough product for two uses.

Sleek i-Divine Palettes

After learning of this brand called Sleek  some years ago, I have been trying to get my hands on their wonderful well pigmented, vivid colored and cheap eye palettes. Thanks to Luxola , I am able to enjoy products from Sleek without having to go through all the hassle of shipping it from UK. I first started out my collection with the Au Naturel palette, after which I went on to buy the Oh So Special from some blog sale. Just within a year, my Sleek eye palette collection grew and so I would like to share some swatches and thoughts of the palettes. My Collection: From left to right: 1.Snapshots, 2.PPQ Shangri-la Collection Respect, 3.Storm, 4.Au Naturel, 5.Oh So Special Top row: 1.Storm, PPQ Shangri-la Collection Respect, 3.Oh So Special Bottom row: 1.Snapshots, 2.Au Naturel Oh So Special i-Divine Palette Sleek Oh So Special i-Divine Palette 1. Bow, 2.Organsa, 3.Ribbon, 4.Gift Basket, 5.Glitz, 6.Celebrate, 7.Pamper, 8.Gateau, 9.The Mail, 10.Boxed, 11.Wrapped Up, 12.

The Body Shop Camomile Makeup Remover

The Body Shop has just launched a new series of makeup removers, comprising of two eye makeup remover, oil, butter and muslin cloth. All the products are made with Community Fair Trade Camomile Oil. Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter, Muslin Cloth, Waterproof Eye and Lip Make-up Remover Out of the five new products, I bought three to try, namely the Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter, Muslin Cloth and Waterproof Eye & Lip Make-up Remover. Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter The Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter comes in a metal tin which screws on/off. In the tin, it looks like a hard block of white butter. Germ phobes will definitely complain that this is the most unhygienic way of storage, and to overcome this problem, just use a spatula to scoop the butter up for use. My thoughts on the cleansing butter: I really love this cleansing butter! It smells super nice with a flowery scent, does not contain any mineral oil (ahem... I'm looking at you Faceshop &