Skip to main content

London Haul Part I

Revlon Nail Polish in 761 Scandalous, Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer, Rimmel Glam Eye Quad Eyeshadow in Smokey Purple, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 001 Honey
Thanks to my cousin who is currently studying in UK, I was able to get my hands on some makeup items unavailable in Singapore. I have limited myself to four items, namely the Revlon Nail Polish in 761 Scandalous, Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer, Rimmel Glam Eye Quad Eyeshadow in Smokey Purple and Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 001 Honey.

Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer


First up is the Kick Ass Concealer from Soap & Glory. It's a three-piece flaw camouflage kit comprising of a cream corrector shade, a concealing shade, and a setting powder.
Step 1 & 2 Correct and Conceal
Cream corrector shade on the left with slightly peachy color to help correct dark eye circles. Cream concealing shade on the right to match skin color. I find both corrector and concealer very soft in texture, a little too soft in fact, as they tend to glide around the skin instead of staying put on the spot.

Step 3 Light Pressed Powder
A very light pressed powder with powder puff to help set the concealers. The powder is very light and finely milled, giving virtually no color. Overall quite a nice concealing kit.
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain
Next up would be the crayon balm stain by Revlon, which makeup bloggers have been raving about and is still not launched in Singapore. I had chosen a light pinkish mauve color based on swatches from various blogger online.
001 Honey

Swatch
The color swatches very nicely on my hand, but somehow on my lips, it turns deathly pale and washes me out! :( The balm stain also comes with a weird minty taste which I quite dislike. The only redeeming part is that the balm has some moisture and does not dry my lips out. Guess I still prefer Clinique's chubby lipstick better.

Image from Walmart
Somehow or another, I have missed out taking close up shots for the nail polish and the eyeshadow quad, so here's some stockphotos from other websites. Revlon nail enamel in Sandalous is a nice purple glitter suspended in black transparent jelly. It applies translucent on its own, but over a black base nail polish, it pop, adding elegant depth to an otherwise flat black nail polish.

Rimmel Glam Eyeshadow Quad in Smokey Purple (Image from beautifullyhealthymercedes.wordpress.com)
The Rimmel Glam Eyeshadow Quad in Smokey Purple claims to be “Soft silky formula for smooth saturated colour. Long-wear, crease-resistant Quad eyeshadow.” Unfortunately I found the formula to be hard and slightly chalky and not as pigmented as I would like. It gives a nice little pop of color but to get intense color, you need to layer it many times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Etude House Outlet at Clementi Mall

Etude House at Clementi Mall Calling out to all Etude House fans! Etude House has just opened a new outlet at the Clementi mall. Currently to celebrate the shop's opening, there is a storewide 30% discount. Yes, you read me correctly. It's STOREWIDE! With such fabulous discount, of course I had to get something :) So here's my mini loot: Mini haul First up we have the cotton wool (Org price. S$6.90) which I bought just to top the total bill up to $40 in order to get two free face mask. Cotton Wool Next we have a cherry lip gel patch (Org Price. S$4.90). It's a lip-shaped mask for the lips. So cute isn't it? I just had to try it out. Cherry Lip Gel Patch Lip-shaped Up next is a wash off yogurt mask pack called I Need You, Yogurt (Org Price. S$6.90). It has 4 flavours in a set, Strawberry, Kiwi, Apple and Peach, meant for 4 times usage. From past experience of the similar mask pack in Honey, each pack contains enough product for two uses.

Sleek i-Divine Palettes

After learning of this brand called Sleek  some years ago, I have been trying to get my hands on their wonderful well pigmented, vivid colored and cheap eye palettes. Thanks to Luxola , I am able to enjoy products from Sleek without having to go through all the hassle of shipping it from UK. I first started out my collection with the Au Naturel palette, after which I went on to buy the Oh So Special from some blog sale. Just within a year, my Sleek eye palette collection grew and so I would like to share some swatches and thoughts of the palettes. My Collection: From left to right: 1.Snapshots, 2.PPQ Shangri-la Collection Respect, 3.Storm, 4.Au Naturel, 5.Oh So Special Top row: 1.Storm, PPQ Shangri-la Collection Respect, 3.Oh So Special Bottom row: 1.Snapshots, 2.Au Naturel Oh So Special i-Divine Palette Sleek Oh So Special i-Divine Palette 1. Bow, 2.Organsa, 3.Ribbon, 4.Gift Basket, 5.Glitz, 6.Celebrate, 7.Pamper, 8.Gateau, 9.The Mail, 10.Boxed, 11.Wrapped Up, 12.

The Body Shop Camomile Makeup Remover

The Body Shop has just launched a new series of makeup removers, comprising of two eye makeup remover, oil, butter and muslin cloth. All the products are made with Community Fair Trade Camomile Oil. Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter, Muslin Cloth, Waterproof Eye and Lip Make-up Remover Out of the five new products, I bought three to try, namely the Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter, Muslin Cloth and Waterproof Eye & Lip Make-up Remover. Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter The Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter comes in a metal tin which screws on/off. In the tin, it looks like a hard block of white butter. Germ phobes will definitely complain that this is the most unhygienic way of storage, and to overcome this problem, just use a spatula to scoop the butter up for use. My thoughts on the cleansing butter: I really love this cleansing butter! It smells super nice with a flowery scent, does not contain any mineral oil (ahem... I'm looking at you Faceshop &