Skip to main content

Project use it up Sept 2012

Finally I have managed to use up some products to clear up some shelf space!


1. Ora2 Stain Clear Polish Paste by Sunstar

This is the 2nd or 3rd tube that I have finished (see how much I like this product). It's a very small tube as it is only meant for weekly usage. Once every week you just need to use this polish paste in place of your normal toothpaste and brush as normal. It effectively removes coffee, tea and food stains, allowing me to enjoy my favourite food and beverage.

2. Chic Choc Moisture Cream Wash

A facial wash sample that I have gotten along with purchase of products at Chic Choc in my last trip to Taiwan. It is supposed to give you extra boost of moisture. As with all cream wash, I found this facial wash to be slightly drying even though it is meant to be moisture replenishing. Will not purchase the full size.

The list of ingredients can be viewed below:



3. Biotherm Celluli Laser Slim.Code

An advanced slimming care product, Biotherm Celluli Laser Slim.Code integrate PHYTOSVELTYL complex, activating AMPK protein, which regulates the expression of genes responsible for the lipogenesis and the lipolysis, and hence reducing genetic and behavioural cellulite. Squeezing out of the tube is an orange opaque gel, which spreads easily with some heating from the palms. It has this ultra nice citrusy scent and a hint of shimmer in the gel. It does not leave a sticky film after application so you can wear your clothes immediately after application. Using it day and night, it does helps to tone up the body a little. Will definitely repurchase.

The list of ingredients can be viewed below:


4. Heme 24hr Hydrating Detox-White Fundamental Fluid

One of my favourite product that I can't live without - Heme 24hr Hydrating Detox-White Fundamental Fluid. Heme is a brand imported from Taiwan and is endorsed by Taiwanese female pop group S.H.E. This is the 4th or 5th bottle that I have used up (starting to lose track). The fluid is clear and colourless, with a very nice rose scent.

This light and non-sticky fundamental fluid infuses essentials for enhancing the benefits of following skincare. Containing Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Blends of Arginine and Aloe Extract into skin leaving it hydrated and toned; Unique Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract is to prevent the first sign of aging, and repair skin imperfections. Brings out the skin's natural beauty and leads to dewy, velvety-smooth skin softening and refining skin texture.

Every morning and night, just after cleansing my face and before I apply any other skincare products, I would pour a few drops of the fluid on my palm, and pat it all over my face. Instantly my face becomes softer and smoother. Incredible isn't it! With the face nicely moisten up, I find the following skin care products get absorbed more easily. I did try to stop using this product for a while to see if there is any difference, and I can feel my skin screaming for me to put it back on again!

The list of ingredients can be viewed below:


If memory serves me well, I think this fluid is currently sold at BHG for $20.90. A bottle like this can last well over 3 months with daily morning and night use. I managed to stash up to 4 bottles in the last BHG sale where it was going on a 50% discount =]

5. Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2 for Dry Combination Skin


Clinique - A brand which I have been using ever since secondary school days. This toner has been a staple for me for a long time. It has superb exfoliating power, helping to ensure dead skin cells do not build up and clog pores, so a light hand in swiping the product with a cotton pad is advised. As this is the version with alcohol, it also has some astringent capability. So every time after I do a nose pack peel, I would use this toner to wipe down and close up my pores.


For those who refrain from using toner with alcohol, you can also try out the other alcohol-free formula (did tried the other version before, but it seems to lack the exfoliating power, so I am sticking with this).

6. Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus


My HOLY GRAIL serum of all times!

Clinique claims it to be a potent serum giving every skin a second chance against lines, wrinkles, sun damage. In 4 weeks, see obvious reduction in lines, wrinkles, improved texture. At 12 weeks, the visible wrinkle-reducing power is remarkably close to a dermatological laser procedure.

The one serum that can be used all over the face, even on the eye area. Although I do not have much wrinkles as yet, with regular use, I do feel the fine lines under my eyes get lighten and laughing lines fainter. It helps to stabilize my skin condition as well, and I find myself popping less pimples. As it's not a cheap serum, I tried to see if I could live without it, and my skin started to have outbreaks! So I always have a backup of this serum at home.


A large bottle of 50ml like this easily cost around S$125 at DFS (not too sure how much it cost in town), but is sufficient for 6 months use, i.e. about $21 per month. Now it sounds not too expensive for good skin isn't it?

7. Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild for Dry Combination Skin


My staple facial wash that I have repurchased countless times. I first started my beauty journey with the cake soap version to control Acne in my younger days. As I grew up and my skin changed from oily acne prone to dry combination, Clinique also improved on their cake soaps and started to produce liquid soap instead.

A clear and colourless liquid, the liquid facial soap gently cleanses my face effectively without leaving it feeling tight. No matter how many times I tried to change my cleanser, I will always come back to this in the end as it's effective and do not irritate my skin.

Generally, I find Clinique products to be suitable for sensitive skin, as they are dermatologist developed, allergy tested and 100% fragrance free. So for those who are first starting out on their beauty journey and have no idea which brand to choose from, you can safely start with Clinique 3-step skin care.

That's all I have to share today. Have a nice weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Etude House Outlet at Clementi Mall

Etude House at Clementi Mall Calling out to all Etude House fans! Etude House has just opened a new outlet at the Clementi mall. Currently to celebrate the shop's opening, there is a storewide 30% discount. Yes, you read me correctly. It's STOREWIDE! With such fabulous discount, of course I had to get something :) So here's my mini loot: Mini haul First up we have the cotton wool (Org price. S$6.90) which I bought just to top the total bill up to $40 in order to get two free face mask. Cotton Wool Next we have a cherry lip gel patch (Org Price. S$4.90). It's a lip-shaped mask for the lips. So cute isn't it? I just had to try it out. Cherry Lip Gel Patch Lip-shaped Up next is a wash off yogurt mask pack called I Need You, Yogurt (Org Price. S$6.90). It has 4 flavours in a set, Strawberry, Kiwi, Apple and Peach, meant for 4 times usage. From past experience of the similar mask pack in Honey, each pack contains enough product for two uses.

Sleek i-Divine Palettes

After learning of this brand called Sleek  some years ago, I have been trying to get my hands on their wonderful well pigmented, vivid colored and cheap eye palettes. Thanks to Luxola , I am able to enjoy products from Sleek without having to go through all the hassle of shipping it from UK. I first started out my collection with the Au Naturel palette, after which I went on to buy the Oh So Special from some blog sale. Just within a year, my Sleek eye palette collection grew and so I would like to share some swatches and thoughts of the palettes. My Collection: From left to right: 1.Snapshots, 2.PPQ Shangri-la Collection Respect, 3.Storm, 4.Au Naturel, 5.Oh So Special Top row: 1.Storm, PPQ Shangri-la Collection Respect, 3.Oh So Special Bottom row: 1.Snapshots, 2.Au Naturel Oh So Special i-Divine Palette Sleek Oh So Special i-Divine Palette 1. Bow, 2.Organsa, 3.Ribbon, 4.Gift Basket, 5.Glitz, 6.Celebrate, 7.Pamper, 8.Gateau, 9.The Mail, 10.Boxed, 11.Wrapped Up, 12.

The Body Shop Camomile Makeup Remover

The Body Shop has just launched a new series of makeup removers, comprising of two eye makeup remover, oil, butter and muslin cloth. All the products are made with Community Fair Trade Camomile Oil. Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter, Muslin Cloth, Waterproof Eye and Lip Make-up Remover Out of the five new products, I bought three to try, namely the Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter, Muslin Cloth and Waterproof Eye & Lip Make-up Remover. Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter The Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter comes in a metal tin which screws on/off. In the tin, it looks like a hard block of white butter. Germ phobes will definitely complain that this is the most unhygienic way of storage, and to overcome this problem, just use a spatula to scoop the butter up for use. My thoughts on the cleansing butter: I really love this cleansing butter! It smells super nice with a flowery scent, does not contain any mineral oil (ahem... I'm looking at you Faceshop &